In an effort to provide a more insightful user experience and to help understand how vSphereDRS works, we recently released a fling:DRS Dump Insight.
DRS Dump Insight is a service portal where users can upload drmdump files and it provides a summary of the DRS run, with a breakup of all the possible moves along with the changes in ESX hosts resource consumption before and after DRS run.
Users can get answers to questions like:
- Why did DRS make a certain recommendation?
- Why is DRS not making any recommendations to balance my cluster?
- What recommendations did DRS drop due to cost/benefit analysis?
- Can I get all the recommendations made by DRS?
Once the drmdump file is uploaded, the portal provides a summary of all the possible vMotion choices DRS went through before coming up with the final recommendations.
The portal also enables users to do What-If analysis on their DRS clusters with options like:
- Changing DRS Migration Threshold
- Dropping affinity/anti-affinity rules in the cluster
- Changing DRS advanced options
The post Introducing DRS DumpInsight appeared first on VMware VROOM! Blog.